1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST (the "Contest").
2. All monetary amounts herein are calculated in Canadian dollars.
3. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, except the directors, officers, agents and employees of Reitmans (Canada) Limited (the owner of the "Addition Elle" division) and all of its affiliated and associated entities and divisions (collectively, "Reitmans"), their advertising and promotional agencies and all members of their respective immediate families living in the same household.
4. By entering the Contest, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions of these Contest rules and regulations (the "Rules") and agrees to be bound by them. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. All entrants must be Canadian residents.
5. The Contest will be open online only from November 28, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. (Eastern time) to December 24, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time) at yourwishlist.additionelle.com (the “Contest Website”) (the “Entry Deadline.”)
6. In order to enter for a chance to win one (1) of the three (3) Prizes (defined below), each entrant must, by the Entry Deadline:
With respect to paragraph 6(iii) above, if an entrant chooses to share the Wish List with friends and family by clicking the button “Make This List Public”, any member of the public may, by entering either the entrant’s both first and last names or his or her e-mail address, have access to such entrant’s Wish List. Alternatively, if an entrant chooses not to share the Wish List with friends and family by instead clicking the button “Make This List Private”, such entrant’s Wish List will only be accessible to Reitmans.
7. Three (3) prizes (each a “Prize”, collectively, the “Prizes”) will be awarded each consisting of one (1) or more Addition Elle gift cards (each a “Gift Card” and collectively, the “Gift Cards”) having an aggregate value of five hundred dollars ($500.00) which may be used at any participating Addition Elle store across Canada (each a “Store”, collectively, the “Stores”). The total retail value of each Prize is five hundred dollars ($500.00) and the total retail value of all of the Prizes is one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500.00). The Contest will have a total of three (3) winners. Only one (1) entry per entrant will be permitted. All additional entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Reitmans.
8. The Prizes will be mailed to each Prize winner by registered mail or courier at the address provided by such Prize winner within two (2) weeks after contact has been made with such Prize winner and the winner has satisfied all obligations hereunder. No cash, product substitution or prize equivalent will be permitted. A Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. Addition Elle VIP membership discounts and point accumulation cannot be applied towards the redemption of a Prize. A Prize must be accepted as is, and cannot be redeemed for cash or other Gift Cards, in whole or in part. Any products purchased using a Gift Card cannot be returned after pick-up. Choices of styles, sizes and colours of products which may be purchased with a Gift Card are subject to availability at the Stores. No rain checks will be provided. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by a Prize winner will be made.
9. All eligible entries for the Contest must be received by Addition Elle by the Entry Deadline. Entrants must have created the Wish List with the available online merchandise by the Entry Deadline. All entries must comply with the Rules and each entrant must have a correctly answered mathematical skill-testing question. Any entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Any entries that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules, will also be disqualified. Odds of winning a Prize will vary depending on the total number of eligible Contest entries received by the Entry Deadline.
10. For the purposes of awarding the Prizes, random draws will be conducted at the head office of Addition Elle in Montréal, Québec on January 7, 2013 beginning at approximately 12:00 p.m. (Eastern time) (the “Draw Date”), in order to select the three (3) Prize winners from among all of the eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
11. Only the selected Prize winners will be contacted by e-mail, mail or telephone within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. If a selected winner cannot be reached within five (5) business days of the Draw Date, the selected winner will be disqualified and another winner will be selected by a random draw conducted by Addition Elle until such time as contact is made by e-mail, mail or telephone with a selected winner. Addition Elle will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected winner. If all or part of a Prize cannot be awarded due to actions or circumstances beyond the control of Addition Elle, a substitute prize (or substitute prizes) of equal or greater retail value may be awarded at Addition Elle’s sole and absolute discretion. The name of each Prize winner may appear on the Contest Website, www.additionelle.com (the “Website”) and/or Reitmans and/or Addition Elle’s online social networking and media marketing web pages for no less than thirty (30) days following selection and confirmation of each winner.
12. Addition Elle reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of each Prize winner. A Prize winner must comply with the Rules and correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question (without the assistance of another person or mechanical device) to be administered by a representative of Addition Elle during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call or as otherwise may be provided by Addition Elle. In addition to the foregoing and in order to be eligible to receive a Prize awarded hereunder, a Prize winner must execute a full release and affidavit of eligibility in a form to be provided by Addition Elle which relieves Reitmans from any and all liability for injury associated with any Prize awarded to him or her, as well as satisfy any and all laws and regulations and other criteria required by the Prize winner’s province or territory of residence. Once a Prize winner has satisfied these requirements, he or she will be entitled to claim the Prize. Should a Prize winner not claim his or her Prize within the specified time, not comply with the Rules, incorrectly answer the time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, or otherwise fail to satisfy any requirement contained herein, an alternate Prize winner will be selected by random draw conducted by Addition Elle.
13. If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more Prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Rules, all individuals making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random draw to award the advertised number of Prizes available. No more than three (3) Prizes will be awarded in connection with the Contest.
15. All expenses related or incidental to the receipt and use of a Prize, including any and all surcharges, taxes (federal, provincial and local), and travel costs between a Prize winner’s residence and any Store, will be the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all expenses not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of Reitmans, will be the sole responsibility of a Prize winner. A Prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be reissued or revalidated.
16. Reitmans will not be responsible for lost, stolen, mutilated, late, misdirected or ineligible entries that may occur in the administration of the Contest. Reitmans will not be responsible under any conditions whatsoever for any technical problems or technical malfunctions relating to the Contest or for any printing or typographical errors or problems in connection with any Contest-related materials, including any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the Contest. Subject to a contrary ruling by the Régie (defined below), if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, technical malfunctions or otherwise, or due to any other cause beyond the control of Reitmans or any act corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Reitmans reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or modify the Rules. Any attempt by anyone to damage or disrupt the Contest will be considered a violation under criminal and civil law. Reitmans reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies against such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
17. In the event of any dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted during entry. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Winning entries may be required to provide Addition Elle and/or Reitmans with proof that the claimed winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry, or forfeit his or her Prize.
18. All entrants assume all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of any Prize granted herein or any other prize awarded in connection with the Contest, including any and all losses, damages, claims, costs, actions and causes of action with respect to a Prize (including without limitation, in connection with travel, if applicable). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, entrants release and forever discharge Reitmans and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, advisors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders and representatives, from any and all damages, rights, claims, costs and actions of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize granted herein or any other prize that may be awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
19. It is each entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Addition Elle in writing at the address indicated above if he or she changes his or her address or other contact information. All corrections to the contact information of an entrant must be received by the Entry Deadline.
20. If any terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by the Régie (defined below) or any court of competent jurisdiction, or are deemed unenforceable under then current applicable law, it is the intention of the parties hereto that the remainder of the Rules will not be affected thereby and will remain in full force and effect.
21. For Québec entrants, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
22. For an additional set of the Rules and/or the Contest winners’ names, visit the Website or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: Reitmans (Canada) Limited, 250 Sauvé Street West, Montréal, Québec H3L 1Z2; ATTENTION: Addition Elle Customer Service.